Monday, April 25, 2011
For the second year in a row, a multi-family housing building designed by Continuum Architects + Planners has become a finalist for the Milwaukee Awards for Neighborhood Development (MANDI) presented by Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC).
Bishop’s Creek Family Housing was a team effort with Bishop’s Creek LLC, CommonBond Communities, and VJS Construction who all believed that transforming an abandoned site into family housing was good idea for revitalizing a neighborhood.
The Bishop’s Creek project:
· Cleaned up a deserted, industrially contaminated site
· Created an activated, pedestrian-friendly street
· Shattered the stereotype of how affordable housing looks
· Met its $6.5 million budget
· Provides beautiful affordable housing to 55 families
Continuum will continue to design these projects because we know the pride and a sense of self-worth that comes from living in a beautiful, healthy environment are truly priceless and enhance the community as a whole.