Renovation of Aging Office Into Vibrant New Open Office
The Dane County Administration Building in Madison houses many of the city’s government offices. Our team assisted the remodel of multiple office suites for departments on 2 collective floors. Design efforts started with a client visioning session leading to programming, planning, architectural design, and system design for both floors.
The central objectives for the pre-design phase were to resolve the following:
- Identify spacial needs and functional requirements for the departments.
- Develop a detailed test fit for the program spaces within the remodeled suite and a direction to pursue the design of the space.
- Develop systems narratives for the project that will inform scope, budget and schedule with schematic design
Methodology used involved the following steps:
- Project vision comprising of development of specific project values and project goals
- Data collection comprising of meetings held with the Core Team to gather detailed information related to functional, operational and spatial needs Programming /Analysis and Synthesis comprising of complete pre-design report was developed, informed by both vision and data collection components, which seeks to most effectively meet project solutions
- Conceptual spatial organization diagrams and plans were reviewed to explore potential design solutions for the project. One of the solutions was identified as the targeted scheme to allow future development of detailed project cost and schedule recommendations within the upcoming schematic design phase.